Dell Inspiron N5010 is a pretty cool choice for a notebook at a low budget, without compromising on the performance. I just got this notebook few weeks back, and here’s a brief review of Dell Inspiron N5010.
Design and User-Interface
When I first looked at my laptop, it was love at first sight – it came with a beautiful, vibrant red colored glossy finish! The display is gorgeous with a DELL logo on it, and I guess the key pad and the trackpad are the best in laptops till date.
The keyboard is spacious, with large keys, and function keys are embedded with multimedia keys. The laptop looks gorgeous, and battery life is also great, though it is a little heavy.
The screen looks rich with vibrant colors and brings life to the pictures. It looks stunning with low black value and good contrast and brightness.
Pricing and Support
With high-end configurations and sharp features incorporated, the price offered is definitely a great deal. I bought this laptop for just Rs.40000 in India, which is sold @ $549 in US.
I ordered the laptop online and got it delivered to my door-step in about 15 days, which was little later than what Dell had promised, but I was fine with it, as I wasn’t in such a really hurry to get it!
Remember, if you order a notebook online, the order status can be tracked with the Order Number received at the time of placing the order; (this kept me updated with the information as to where my laptop was, until it actually reached me).
For this price normally you can’t expect laptops with good screens, but DELL InspironN5010 is an exception; the 1.3MP web cam takes decent pictures, and it’s integrated with DELL FASTACCESS software, which is a facial recognition software that helps increase the security of this notebook. You can set it as your login password or as a password to open other programs.
I always dreamed of buying a Dell Studio, but settled for an Inspiron, and do not regret my decision. It has been more than a month I bought this laptop and am very much satisfied with my laptop. Being a Windows XP user for past 5years, it took me some time to get used to the Windows 7 OS, but I must say that I’m enjoying it more than ever before.
